The trials and tribulations of life can sometimes overwhelm us. But when you see these photos you might realize your life isn’t all that hard. Here are 10 of the most powerful historic photos of real people going through real life struggles.
1. After spending 7 long months in Iraq Terri Gurrola embraces her daughter.
2. I courageous person lending a helping to hunger.
3. A scared girl in isolation for radiation screening looks at her dog through a window in Nihonmatsu, Japan on March 14.
4. Probably the most iconic photo. The tank man, the unknown man who stood in front of several tanks in civil defiance following the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.
5. Scott Jones from Australia kisses his girlfriend after she was knocked down by a riot police shield in Vancouver, British Columbia. After the Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins Canadians started to riot.
6. An Afghan man helps a soldier with some tea. Just when he needed to get back into battle.
7. Following the Japanese tsunami a 4-month-old girl is rescued from the rubble by soldiers after missing four days.
8. In New Delhi extremely hungry homeless men wait outside a mosque for free food distribution.
9. In Victoria, Australia a firefighter helps out a koala during the Black Saturday bushfires in 2009.
10. Helen Fisher kisses the hearse carrying the body of her 20-year-old cousin, Private Douglas Halliday, as he and six other fallen soldiers are brought through the town of Wootton Bassett in England.